Founded in 2013, EMDR Association Cambodia has been contributing to community healing and human capital development in the mental health field in Cambodia. The association’s activities involve mainly:
- Providing psychological treatment to traumatized people;
- Providing training in traumatology and counseling;
- Conducting scientific research to promote evidence-based practices in psycho-trauma therapy in Cambodia.
In many projects implemented within the EMDR Association Cambodia, we have provided free-of-charge psychological treatment to approximately 3000 traumatized clients in the country and conducted various mental health and trauma treatment training for 600 trainees annually. The trainees were mainly professionals and paraprofessionals from non-governmental organizations and governmental institution partners. With ongoing projects, we are seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the part-time position of Finance Officer to join our team to promote mental health in Cambodia.
- Position: Finance Officer
- Posting Date: February 1, 2023
- Apply Before: February 30, 2023 (5:00 PM)
- Job Schedule: Full-Time
- Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable annually)
- Report to: Finance Manager
- Required Languages: Khmer, English
- Locations: Phnom-Penh, Cambodia
- Office Address: 126, Street 12 BT, Sansom Kosal Village, Sangkat Boeung Tumpun, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing day-to-day in the Association accounts
- Frequent contact with all bank personnel, vendors, partners, and others regarding payments and other accounting matters
- Monitoring the overall budget (expenditures, incomes) of the projects, including the separate distribution and movement of several donor fund sources
- Contribute to the draft budget and revise the budget
- Prepare regular and periodic accurate, professional, and complete project financial reports for the management team and donors.
- Check and ensure that all procurements processes and expenditures of the project are by EMDR Association Cambodia’s financial policy and what donors require. This includes ensuring the support documents are obtained for all financial transactions
- Be responsible for maintaining bank accounts, transactions & transfers, payments, expenditures, receipts, etc.
- Assist in communicating with donors about financial issues
- Support in consolidating monthly organization accounts
- Support in liaising with auditors to ensure the annual external auditing is carried out on time
- Support in developing the organization’s financial report for submission to government agencies
- Carry out any other financial assignments as requested by the Association president and Account Manager
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or a related field
- Having basic accounting knowledge with experience in dealing with taxation
- 1 to 2 years of working experience in the relevant field
- Strong attention to detail; able to examine accounting documents for completeness and accuracy
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Internet, E-mail)
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
- Able to work independently with less advice and under pressure
- Be a good team player with a self-initiative, motivated, and a result-oriented person
- Being flexible with working hours if needed.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please send us your resume and cover letter to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 089 968 678 (for more information)
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Documents submitted will not be returned.